We believe children learn through their play.
Through integrating art, music, nature, creative movement, sensory materials, free and dramatic play, cooking, science, stories, and outdoor play, the children explore the environment and become knowledgeable and comfortable in their interactions with the world.
Our preschoolers have a lot of fun while building a bond with the natural world. From hiking in Central Park to planting in our home-grown garden, we discover wonders everywhere. We learn about ecosystems and how to “read” nature. We hike, picnic, and learn about seasons, plants, friendly animals, and friendship. Our children are provided with many different types of experiences to aid them in exploring their world and developing a deep and abiding connection with it.
We encourage collaboration and community involvement to create an atmosphere where school becomes an extension of the family. As an environment in which teacher, parent, and student interactions involve strong connections, enriching experiences, and responsibility, we aim to engage not only our students but also entire families..
While each class has the freedom to plan and create its own schedule, here is a general idea of what our day looks like:
- 8:00 a.m. - Early drop-off time
- 9:00 a.m. - Arrival time, greeting, free play
- 9:30 a.m. - Daily art projects, themes
- 10:00 a.m. - Group time, snack time, clean up
- 11:00 a.m. - Park / music, bathroom break
- 12:00 p.m. - Lunch, story time, bathroom
- 1:00 p.m. - Nap time / quiet time for full-day students
- 2:20 p.m. - Tabletop work / individual activities
- 3:00 p.m. - Dismissal
- 3:10 p.m. - Snack time, clean up, bathroom break / diaper change
- 3:40 p.m. - Daily art projects
- 4:30 p.m. - Park visit / outside walk
- 5:30 p.m. - Story time / clean up
- 6:00 p.m. - Dismissal