We know that keeping in touch with everything going on in your children’s lives is one of your main concerns, and your child may have trouble answering a question like, “How was preschool today?” To help, we’ve assembled this page with links to our newsletters, information about important events, and other articles of interest. Enjoy browsing around, and be sure to come back often!
Peartree Preschool is excited to announce that we will partner with Harlem School of Arts (HSA) to expand by offering a preschool program for three to five year olds at the Harlem School of Arts starting in September 2017. Peartree Preschool will provide program oversight and administration, teaching staff, and a curriculum following the Reggio Emilia approach, which uses art-focused experiences and emphasizes collaboration, critical learning, expression, and immersive experiences.
As the host institution, HSA will offer classroom space and access to the entire campus, including the dance studios, theatre area, and featured exhibitions. Peartree Preschool is delighted to partner with Harlem School of Arts. It is so important that children have the experiences made possible by the Harlem School of Arts, because the arts are a symbolic language that allows children to express their understandings. Harlem School of Arts’ gift of access to their studios and building engages the whole family!
Facts about the new program:
- Peartree@HSA's 10 month preschool program launches on September 8, 2017, and runs to June 2018.
- Peartree@HSA will operate five days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- There will be room for 16 students in the pilot program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Two teachers provide a student to adult ratio of eight to one.
- To be eligible for this program, children must be three before September 15, 2017, and fully potty trained.
- The HSA location (at 645 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10030) is Peartree's second location.